Sunday, September 21, 2008

I love dancing! ~sigh~

It is interesting.  I have found that often, when I am doing something enjoyable, I have started thinking about blogging and how I  want to write about it.  Maybe that is just because it's so new to me.  At any rate this was one of those times.

Daniel and I went on a date on Friday!  (Thank you to Tamara for watching our children.)  We went to BYU's World of Dance performance.  For anyone who doesn't know, that is a program where each of the dance teams at BYU get together.  They each perform 3 numbers.  It is always interesting to see the best of what each department has to offer, but I thought this year was the best I have ever seen.  Several of them had music that was a little more modern than they sometimes had and that made a huge difference.  There was a clogging number to the song "First Night" that was incredible.  Daniel even liked it and that is saying a lot because Daniel doesn't like clogging.  Needless to say, it was awesome.! The whole thing was awesome!

So, why the ~sigh~  in the title of this post you ask.  Because I miss it so much!  As I was watching the dancers on stage I was reminded of how much I truly love dancing and how much I miss doing it.  Honestly, I do know that raising my children is the most wonderful  thing that I could ever do, and I am so grateful for the opportunity.  However, it does come at a price.  I guess that's the whole giving up what you want at the moment (dancing) for something that you want even more (children).  Maybe that doesn't really work here, but that is kind of how it feels.  Hopefully, with the opening of our dance studio next  month, we will be able to dance a little more.  That would be wonderful, but until then, I suppose I will just enjoy being a mommy to the fullest since in reality, as enjoyable as dancing is, being a mother is in actuality 10,000 times better.  Possibly more!  :)

6 comments:

Flee said...

YAY for your own dance studio! That is awesome! I can't wait to see it! Maybe I'll take a lesson or two...

nora.lakehurst said...

I want to dance with seth. He is a goob and doesnt want to :(

Stacey said...

I love dancing too. Adam is also a goob. :(

Steve and Chelle said...

Steve is less of a goob- he actually took a dance class with me (that dan and em taught!) It was So Super fun! I think I'm going to get him to do one with me at the studio! that would be cool.

of course, we may have to do some hard core rhythm training!! Steve just has a little rhythm problem! (I mean, I guess not having any rhytm is a problem?? right!)

anyway. yeah. I totally understand. Being a mom is really great, but it does come at a price.

Corilee said...

It doesn't have to be either/or. You can always find a way. Have you tried pushing your couch out of the way and dancing at home? Or could you go down in the basement and dance there when the kids are in bed?

If you mean dancing as a performance in front of a crowd, that presents more of a problem but I'm sure we could brainstorm and come up with something.

When it's somthing as important as feeding your spirit the way dancing does for you, you shouldn't give it up entirely until your kids are grown.

Have you prayed about it?

Unknown said...

Hey Emily,

I saw your site on Facebook and I thought I'd look you up and when I read your post I had to comment.

Bryant and I still go dancing up at the Mac sometimes on Fridays. We get a babysitter and have date night. It's mostly west coast swing! You guys should go with some time.

So what's this about a dance studio?