Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Funny Emma phrases!

Okay, I am not the most interesting person, so I'll just write some funny things that Emma said today.

I asked her what she did in school today and she said, "I did Apple Johnnyseed!" (Johnny Appleseed).

Later on, she was talking about something and she said "It's a sacred beauty." (sacred duty from "I love to see the temple.")  I started laughing, and she looked at me solemnly and said, "Mommy, don't laugh about sacred beauty."

After that we had gone to the rental center to see how it looked.  Emma has been waiting for them to put the door on forever and they finally had one on today.  However, there was no doorknob or anything yet, so she pointed out to us that there was no lock yet.  She was excited about the door though.  Later, we called Daniel to say goodnight since he is out of town.  She said, "Daddy, you put the door on today, but you forgot to get the lock."  I'm sure Daniel had no idea what she was talking about since he didn't know about the door and lack-of-lock situation.  It was cute that she thought he had put the door on.

This wasn't today, but a month or two ago, we were walking through the parking lot to go in and see my grandmother.  It had been raining and the ground was wet.  There was a place where oil had leaked from a car so it was rather colorful.  She pointed to it and said, "Look guys, the rainbow fell down."  It was darling.

Anyway, kids say some funny things!!  Goodnight!

3 comments:

Steve and Chelle said...

ok, I LOVE the one about the rainbow! laughed out loud!! It was great!

She is so darling!! love her guts!

cute blog too- love the Green!

love you!

Chelle

Stacey said...

LOL!! I love the "sacred beauty" remark. Kids make life so much more interesting. :D

I'm glad you have a blog now,yay!

Flee said...

Oooooooooo.....That makes my heart melt! What a little sweet face! "a rainbow fell" so sweet.