Sunday, September 7, 2008

Perhaps some day I will be more faithful!

Daniel went out of town again today. ~sigh~ Looks like another long week ahead. However, I went to the CES broadcast tonight and listened to Elder Holland speak. I really connect with Elder Holland and I love to hear him speak. He talked about Joseph and Liberty Jail. He spoke about how it has been called a temple prison and said that it was a temple for Joseph because it was building him and that we were blessed as well through the revelations he received there. (D&C 121, 122 123) He said that each and every one of us will have to go through our own "Liberty Jail" spiritually speaking. I thought about how I have been having a hard time with Daniel being gone so much lately and realized that the Lord is building Daniel and I as well. I don't know what the outcome is going to be of going through these trials, but I know that whatever it is, it will be what is best for us. Thus, perhaps instead of saying ~sigh~ about Daniel being out of town, I should say "YEA! Another chance for me to grow!!! :) . . . ~sigh~ perhaps some day I will be that faithful. :)

P.S. Elder Holland's talk was wonderful, I would highly recommend reading it when it is published!

3 comments:

Steve and Chelle said...

yeah- someday I will be that faithful too, but until then - - - I'll probably still *~sigh~* too!

btw, making your blog scrapbook-ish is super easy. I'll come over and help you do it. Give me a call!

Love you!

chelle

Stacey said...

I hear you on that Ems. I ~sigh~ so much,it sounds more like yelling. ;)

Flee said...

Oooo, friend. I'm sorry Dan is gone. I understand. But you see? You have more strength than you know! You are doing fine on your own! You still get up everyday and take care of your beautiful kids, yourself and home. Amazing.