Sunday, October 5, 2008

I've been tagged... and I finally finished it!

Okay, so I was "tagged" by my sister Michelle.  She said the "rules" of the game were:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag.

I have seen it done a different way where you do 3 things most people know about you and 3 things people may not know about you, so that is how I am going to do it.

3 things that most people know about me:

1.  I love to dance and West Coast Swing is my favorite Dance.  We are opening a dance studio so we can dance whenever we want to.  (Well, whenever we can find the time at least.)
(The colors look really messed up  for some reason, but this is basically the logo for our studio)


2.  I love scrapbooking, card making or most anything creative and have recently started doing a lot of it digitally.

I made this and sent it out last year for our Christmas Cards.


This is a digital scrapbook page.  I didn't actually do the layout for this one, I just put all the paper and colors in.  However, I don't have the ones that I designed on this computer, so I guess this will have to do .



3.  I really enjoy cake decorating.

A 3d ducky cake I made for Emma's first birthday!


This Cinderella Cake was a trial using fondant. It was the first time I had ever used fondant and I wanted to try it before I used it to make the ducky cake (above) for Emma's party!



3 things that people may not know about me:


1.  I am really interested in learning photography.  I want to take a photography class at some point, but we'll see if that happens or not.

I never had professional pictures taken of Matthew in his blessing outfit, so I took this one.  Not very professional, but at least we've got pictures of him in his outfit.


This is a picture I took about 4 or 5 years ago of the Sacred Grove.  
These two are pretty much the extent of my photography experience which is why I really want to learn.


2.  I really enjoy putting together parties/events.  Yes, I do stress about them, but I really enjoy doing it.

This was a picture from Emma's 3rd birthday party.  It was a tea party!


3.  I really enjoy interior decorating.  I know nothing about it except what my tastes are, but I do enjoy doing it.


This is a picture of Emma helping us put vinyl lettering on the wall as we were frantically trying to finish some decorating before Matthew's baby blessing.  (Yes, frantically trying to finish because I am a procrastinator, obviously since I was tagged about a week ago to do this and am just getting to it now.  There's another thing about me.)

That's me in a nutshell!

K, so to follow the rules of this game, I am now supposed to "tag" 6 other people.  However, since there are only like 4 people who look at my blog, and Michelle already "tagged" them, or they have already done it previously, I am kind of at a loss.  So, here is my short list:

1.  I am going to re-tag Jenn since she never did it.  (Jenn, I know you look at these posts and are reading this right now, so you'd better do it this time.)  :)  
2.  I am also going to re-tag mither for the same reasons I retagged Jenn.  (Mither I know you are reading this too, so ditto to what I said about Jenn.)  :)
3.  I am also going to tag Amy, I don't know if she looks at this post very often, but if you do, Amy, then consider yourself tagged.  

Other than that I don't really know who else to tag.  If you have any ideas, comment and let me know.

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Way cute. And hello you are interested in photography. YAY did you know that they have online courses. yeah I need some hands on but if you like to do that you can find it online I bet.

Flee said...

Those pictures you took were beautiful. And you are so stinking talented! Those cakes were awesome! Nice work.

Stacey said...

I love your decor,your house is so beautiful!

I loved that ducky cake too. So cute!