Emma had an experience a couple of days ago that I thought was interesting, and since I use this as a journal, I am going to post it here.
About a week ago, Emma went to Chuck-E-Cheese (a pizza/game place in Orem) with Jan, Jenn, Seth and his kids. After eating, Emma wanted to go on a large play set. It was basically a bunch of tunnels that went all different ways with very few exits. Emma went inside and after a couple of minutes, Jenn noticed that Emma had not come out. Jenn went to make sure that Emma was okay. The play set had little windows in several different spots and Jenn saw Emma looking out of one and crying. Emma had become lost. She could not find the way out and she was very scared and didn't know what to do. Jenn asked Ethan (Seth's oldest son) to go in and help Emma. He disappeared into the play place and after a few minutes emerged again with a very frightened little Emma. She was very grateful to him and later told me, "he saved me." I just thought that was so precious.
I have thought about Emma's little experience several times since then. It occurs to me that this can be applied to our lives. Doesn't each one of us know the heart ache of seeing our child lost, hurting or afraid just as Emma was? Likewise, can't you just see our Father in Heaven looking down on us, just as Jenn looked at Emma? Can't you just see His heart breaking for those who are alone and crying just as Emma was? Can't you imagine His perfect love reaching out to each of those children? Can't we all imagine the emotion He might feel as a parent at watching one of His children who is fortunate enough to know the way showing another of His precious children how to find the way? Can't we all imagine His absolute happiness as one of us who knows the way brings another to His ever waiting embrace just as Ethan brought Emma to fill Jenn's worried arms? Can we imagine the tears of joy that might fall from His eyes as one of His little ones who was once lost looks into His eyes and with so much relief exclaims, "he saved me"? Mostly can't we all imagine ourselves looking into His eyes and speaking of our Savior, with the utmost humility and gratitude, and saying the words, "He saved me"? Each of us needs to be saved at times in our lives by the Savior in order to return safely home. Don't our brothers and sisters who don't know Him deserve to be saved every bit as much as we do?
Unfortunately, this is something that I struggle with. I have never been very bold, but after pondering on this experience, I want to do better. I want to reach out in whatever way the Lord needs me and help those around me to see and to feel and to know of His perfect love that for some reason I have been so blessed to enjoy in my life. I hope anyone who reads this will feel His love and know that He is always waiting with outstretched arms. There are days in my life that I know He is there waiting to encircle me in the arms of His love and that is what makes it possible for me to make it through. I pray that I can be used as an instrument in His hands to help others know who it is that can save them.
I didn't really mean for this to be a testimony meeting, but as I said above, I use this as a journal, so sometimes it does get a little bit more serious. :)
Ethan and Emma ~ "He saved me!"



3 comments:
OH (sniff) my little hero. Man he is getting so old. I feel so old. And yes I feel like that all the time. I want to be the tool that HF uses to reach out to his lost children. Sometimes those children are to hard to reach because they won't come to the person helping them because they want to figure it out themselves.
You are great Ems! Love you
Great story/analogy! When you are a general relief society member, you will need to share that at conference. Really! That was such an awesome story, I can totally imagine someone telling it at G/C.
I'm glad that Emma got out safe and sound. It breaks my heart to imagin how scared she mush have been.
Great analogy, great journal entry. I'm glad Emma was able to get over her fear so well. Hope she doesn't have any lasting effects. BTW your last post was cute, especially the rocking chair. Glad Daniel had such a rousing good time!
Post a Comment