Thursday, October 23, 2008

A day at the Zoo!

Emma, Matthew and I went to Hogle Zoo last Friday with some of my family.  Emma had a wonderful time.  She loved the animals and most of all the carousel.  Matthew did very well and wasn't fussy until the very end.  His favorite part was a strap on Melissa stroller.  He played with it most of the time, at least it kept him happy.  I guess he isn't way excited about the zoo yet. 

It was nice for both me and the kids to get out, and we all had a nice time despite the bees that kept trying to attack us at lunch time!


Emma on the carousel!  She was so excited about the elephants this time.  She kept asking to see them and then was so excited to ride the elephant on the carousel.  


Here is Emma showing us how long her arms can go.  They aren't quite as long as an ape yet!


Here is a picture of most of the children in the group standing in front of the giraffes.  Emma is on the far right and Matthew is in the back seat of Melissa's stroller, playing with the strap of course.


Here is a close up of Matthew.  You can see his little hand grasping the strap that kept him occupied the entire time.  I love his expression in this picture.  It is so typical of how he often looks!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

It was a fun time!

Even those dang bees couldn't mess up our day.

Jenn said...

I love the pictures--especially the one of Emma trying to reach her hands to fit the silhouette and Maf in Melissa's stroller. So cute that he loved the strap so much! What darling kiddies!

Corilee said...

Darling kids!!! Wish I had been able to go too, but the hills would have killed me off.

nora.lakehurst said...

I love the pictures. And Emma is my new best friend. I love elephants. Ever since I was little I have loved elephants. YAY!!!

Steve and Chelle said...

oh, wish I could've come! But ALAS I wasn't in the state!

Next time~

Shelly said...

Thoes 2 are too darn cute! I just want to get Matthew's cheeks!

gammaeileen said...

Someday I'm going to have time to read all of this. Not today, however. It is great fun looking at the pictures. What a beautiful family! Love, Aunt Eileen