Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I pray...

It was even better than an ordinary day last Sunday.  Daniel was with us all day. (A rare gift these days.) Life was good.  I was getting ready for church in my bathroom.  Emma came in holding her little pocket sized Book of Mormon which she has carried around and "read" so much that it looks a little beat up.  She then proceeded to tell me the following:

"I need to put my Scriptures of Mormon down because they are so heavy!

Now, this page says, 'I will go and do the things the Lord commands.'

And this page says, 'A-hold, my lov-ed Son.'

And this page says, (singing) 'The Lord has given this land to us, no need to fuss...' (from Veggie Tales)"

What a sweet moment, to realize that she loves the scriptures so much!  I just pray that she will love the scriptures as much when she grows up as she loves them now. 

6 comments:

Flee said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! You are such great parents! I think it's amazing that she already has a love for the scriptures, that means that she sees how important they are to you too.

Steve and Chelle said...

funny, Flee and I were just talking about parents being a good example yesterday! Look at you go!

Oh, she is so so sweet! I just love her to death!!! My fave in the scriptures of mormon! cracks me right up!!!

Keep up the good work! Lubs lubs

nora.lakehurst said...

She will. You and Dan have a great faith and with that all things will be well.
Love her and you soooo much. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

Stacey said...

So when I read your title,the first thing that came into my mind was.. "Yes, Annelle, I pray! Well, I do! There, I said it, I hope you're satisfied." ;)

So,so cute! Brianna is the same way,she likes to read her scriptures on the way to church.

Jenn said...

I love the picture of her laying on the couch reading. It's so darling! What a sweet girlie!

And Stace, I love that you are always coming up with great movie quotes! I could hear it in my mind as you wrote it. You're the queen of remembering things!

ems said...

Hee, hee, hee!! THat was very funny Stace! I loved it!