Emma has a pair of red sparkly shoes. While picking up a different pair of shoes and referring to the red ones she said, "These are kind of like my Dorky (Dorothy) shoes! Yeah, like my red Dorky shoes." Then later while looking at Halloween costumes she said, "I want the Dorky costume!" I couldn't help but laugh.
Then, as we were finishing dinner, Emma started pretending there was a monster in our house. I stood up from the table so I could go feed Matthew and Emma informed me that the monster was going to get me. I let her know that our house was safe and that I would be okay because monsters aren't real. She said, "I'm going to fast and pray for you!" Then she ran over to the couch (where we say our nighttime prayers) bowed her head and said a prayer. She ran back to me and said, "I fasted and prayed for you mommy, so you'll be safe!" I was trying so hard not to laugh because it was just so funny, but at the same time, so sweet. She is absolutely precious.
Also, we were at the store yesterday, and we had a serious power struggle over her going potty. I am sad to say that I did not behave very well and was not very kind to her. As we went back to do our shopping, I was fuming. I finally calmed down a little and explained to her that I didn't want her to have an accident and that she needed to tell me right away if she needed to go potty. She looked up at me so innocently and told me she would. I looked into her sweet little eyes and felt ashamed at how I had acted. I then told her I was sorry that I had not acted nicely. With her sweet little forgiving spirit, she looked at me and lovingly said "that's okay mommy...I love you too." What a good example she is to me to be able to just forgive and show so much love after I had been so wretched. It's no wonder the Lord tells us to "become as a little child," they are so pure and perfect. Hopefully I will learn from this experience!


7 comments:
LOL @ "dorky"! That is so funny!
So many cute things in one post. I have lost it with my kids and they are so forgiving. It's too bad we can't all be that way huh?
Have you let her watch the Wizard of Oz? That might be fun for her. On the other hand it might be a little scary for her.
I regret with all my heart getting upset or angry with my kids. I can see, now that they are grown up, that it did affect them in ways that I never dreamed of.
I used to try to say I was sorry to all of you until one day the girls and David made me promise never to try to say I was sorry again because they were tired of hearing it. I have tried to keep that promise and forgive myself,,, that's the hardest part.
How cute--I especially love the fast and pray part. You can tell she is really absorbing those scripture stories!
And Mom, I know Heavenly Father is even more forgiving than children, so I know he's forgiven you!! He's knows how hard it was to raise 9 kids, and I think you did a great job!
LOL that is funny with the Dorky shoes and dress. I think that all kids have something funny to say no matter how "serioius" of kids they are.
I think the forgiving thing is built into us. Its just us who forget that we have that power and hold onto things that are not supposed to be held onto.
She is so cute! I love that she has ruby slippers, I think every girl could use a pair. "Dorky." So funny. :)
to quote your 'superman' "You southern girls are all way too hard on yourself!"
seriously em, you have never- not once in all the years I have known (and even shared a room with) you, you have never once been what I would call wretched. Really. Not even close. Me on the other hand . . . oh wait- there we southern girls go again! oops!
I love your little fur head! I gotta get Jenni some of those dorky slippers! hee hee!
you've been singing "Amazing grace" too often
where it says..."That saved a wretch like me" (sorry for the big space. I don't know how it happened nor how to correct it.)
There's no way that you are wretched!!!
Post a Comment