Have you ever felt inadequate? I can tell you I have felt inadequate so many times in my life, but I don't think I have ever felt it as much as I do now. On Sunday I was sustained as relief society president in my ward, thus my feelings of inadequacy. I believe very much in revelation and I do believe that this is where the Lord wants me, but I cannot fathom why. For the 12 days after I met with the bishop until last Sunday when I was sustained, I kept thinking maybe it was just a dream, but I am quite certain now that it is not. :) I feel the weight of the responsibility that this calling entails and it makes me feel a little unhinged at times. Believe me, I have been very humbled lately. How do you wrap your mind around something like this? I know it will all come in time, but it's like getting new job and you don't know how to perform any of your duties yet. I feel quite lost at this point. However, I do believe that "whom the Lord calls, He qualifies." I know that the only way I am going to get this is with His infinite mercy and help. I do have a testimony of this work and am grateful to be able to serve in this capacity. I will just have to keep praying to understand how to do all that I need to do. :)
6 comments:
Congratulations! WOW! That is huge. You are going to be great though. I have no doubt. Kindness is a necessary quality, and you already have that in spades! So, WOO HOO! :)
When you were cleaning up after putting up my WHOLE Christmas tree for me and you started vaccuuming I thought "how nice of her." But then I saw you vaccuum down the hall and into the office I said to Daniel, "I can't believe she's vaccuuming there too!" and he said " That's why she's the Relief Society President"
SO true!
Just eat the elephant one spoonful at a time, one day at a time and don't worry, just cross that bridge when you come to it.
How's that for platitudes? But you know there's this thing about platitudes. They're usually true!
We are praying for you. If we can do more, let me know.
Ems you are going to do great! You are so dedicated to all of the callings you do (hence the amazing floats) and I am sure you will be dedicated to this one as well. Heavenly Father takes dedication and magnifies it to be just what He needs. I am praying for you!
I'd recommend eating an elephant with a knife and spoon. I doubt it's legal to kill elephants, though, so it would be illegal and not very nice. And hard to cook. I guess you could cook a chicken instead. Elephant probably tastes just like chicken after all. If it's *really* tender you could try to eat it one spoonful at a time.
Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great. Your councillors and the bishop are there to help, and I'm sure people will be understanding of any mistakes you might make, so just do your best and rely on the Lord. It'll be all good :P
Ems, you are going to do great. I have no doubt of that. I know that the Lord knows you and your abilities. You've been chosen for this, not just called, but chosen as well. I'm sure there are people in your ward that only you are able to help. And you'll know what to do.
I believe in you!
Better you than me! ;)
I'm sure you will do a great job. Good luck!
Post a Comment