We have had some fun times together lately. First on November 10th we made a paper mache volcano. We were trying to complete a "circle of learning" project. It is a program that PBS does where if you read a book, watch a show, and do a project that all teach about 1 topic, then they send you a free book. Unfortunately, I still haven't written in to get my free book yet, but at least we had fun doing it.

We started by constructing a base out of an empty Downey fabric softener bottle and some wire. Then we did paper mache over the top of that and waited for several hours till it dried. Emma loved the paper mache. She had a great time getting her hands all goopy, as well as my pants, my shoes, the floor, her pajamas, etc. Bugsy mostly watched and tried to pull the whole thing apart. It was fun!

While it was drying we made a dinosaur and a palm tree out of some clay she had brought home from her Sunday school class. (yes, I know, my sculpting skills need a little work) Then we painted our volcano which Emma also loved helping with. Matthew was of course trying to put his hand in the wet paint the whole time. Then, after the paint dried we put the baking soda and vinegar in and watched the "explosion" which was a little less than awesome. It did bubble up and the kids enjoyed it, so that was the important part. All-in-all we had a great time doing this project together.
Another fun thing we did on December 9th. Emma was asking me all day on the 8th if we could have a tea party, so I told her we would have one the next day when Bugsy went down for his nap. When I finally got him down on the 9th, part of me hoped that Emma wouldn't remember that I had promised her a tea party because I had so much to do. She did of course remember as she almost always remembers things like that, and now I am so glad that she did. We ended up having a quick little tea party together and it was so great to spend some time with her. We both had a great time laughing together and I'm so glad that I took time to play with her. I need to do it more often. She is such a sweet little girl, and I know I am going to look back and wish I had spent more time with her. Oh well, at least I took time that day, and we have even done it again since then. That's twice in 1 week. That's pretty good! :) Here are a couple of pictures!



3 comments:
Cute post! I love how you are holding grey kitty in the last picture so that she will be in the picture too. :)
Wow,what a super mommy you are! I admit that sometimes I hope my kids will forget about things we had planned, but afterward I am always glad I did it.
I don't think we EVER had a tea party. But then I don't remember my kids EVER doing anything bad.
Wait! I do remember MIchael and Adam riding off on the Lau's kid's bikes and being gone for hours until we finally found them at Chucky Cheese.
So I could be wrong about the tea party.
Cute pictures! Sweet post.
Post a Comment