Monday, December 28, 2009

Catch Up 5! Thanksgiving, Live Nativity and Ginger Bread!

Here I am doing a another catch up post. I think this is the last one before Christmas which is good since Christmas was 3 days ago! The first pictures I have are from Thanksgiving this year. We went to my parents house this year and had a beautiful time. Dave and Melissa brought these cute little turkeys made out of cookies and candy and put one on every plate. They also brought the packing peanuts that you can lick and stick and let the kids make pictures out of them before dinner. Emma said she was thankful for books, so she made hers look like a book. Unfortunately I only have a couple of pictures, but here they are.



Then, on December 5th we went to the live nativity in Alpine with Dave & Melis and Jan & Jen. It was really cool. There is a family that has a couple of barns and they get a bunch of people to dress up and help out. The first barn has a bunch of animals like camels, sheep and donkeys as well as people pretending to be craftsmen from the time of Christ's birth. The second barn has a group of people in the loft that are singing hymns. You can hear them as you walk up to the barn. Then you go in the barn and they have a little manger scene set up with a man, woman and a baby all dressed up like Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. It is a wonderful experience and I really enjoyed it. Emma seemed to enjoy it as well. Matthew of course was not interested in seeing the baby Jesus and wanted to go back and see the animals. He was freaking out a little, so Daniel took him out. It was really nice though, despite the cold.

Seeing the animals!


More animals. Bugsy was loving it!


Seeing the baby Jesus. Emma is on the left hand side of the top picture in the beige coat.


The last thing for this post is our annual ginger bread house making night. We actually did a night for the kids to make ginger bread houses a week before we did our house. Then on the 14th of December, we let the kids decorate cookies for a couple of minutes and then we did our own. It was a lot of fun and we didn't even stay up too late!
Here are pictures of the kids as well as one of the ginger bread house.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow,I look ORNERY in that first picture!

"It's Thanksgiving day,why do I look so annoyed??" ;)

Corilee said...

WTH Stace, you do not look ornery! If anything you look like you are considering something profound. I look like I'm angry at something. But then I can't see very well so you couldn't prove anything by me.

I loved seeing the kids in all those pictures. They are so innocent and sweet.

Great post. Lubs. Mither

Jan said...

Stace, you do not look ornery, you look like you are pondering deeply. Maybe you were pondering about the baby you didn't know you were having...hmm, that made a lot of sense!

Cute pics Ems. I love the one of Maf looking over the fence at the duckies. It looks like he is determined to get over the fence! Fun times!