Thursday, December 11, 2008

Setting up the Christmas tree!

We set up the Christmas tree on Saturday Nov. 29th, the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately I have been a little busy and so have not written about it until now.  

I was excited to set up the Christmas tree with Emma this year, because she was getting really excited about it this year.  Of course the thing she was most excited about was that she would get to play with her "Little People" manger set.  We actually ended up decorating my Mother's tree the day before and Emma loved it.  She helped put a bunch of ornaments on (which I surreptitiously moved after she put them on) and played with my mom's "Little People" manger set.  So, unfortunately she was not quite as excited to put our tree up.  She spent most of the time playing with her manger toys.  Oh well, it cute to hear her playing with the baby Jesus and we had lots of fun!  Here's a bunch of pics.

Emma playing with her "Little People" manger set


Bubbers was not so sure about the tree.  He did like it a little more after we got it decorated but has been surprisingly good not to touch it.


Emma did help put some ornaments on at the end.  She really liked putting the icicles on.


Putting the Angel on the top.  I wish I had waited and let Daniel help her, but I didn't think about it at the time.  Oh well, maybe next year!


Emma wanted to take a picture, and this is what she took.  Maybe being a photographer will have to wait till she can hold the camera straight.  :)


The finished product.


Matthew was not very excited about wearing the Santa hat!


But Emma loved it!


Emma was getting board at one point and decided to give Brother snugs.  Unfortunately, Brother was not in the mood to snug so it turned out to be more of a wrestling match (as usual).

4 comments:

Steve and Chelle said...

OH I WANT A HOUSE OF MY OWN!!!!!

I really love your curtains. every time i see them I just love them!!!

oh and your tree of course. Seriously, our decorating style is SO the same!! My tree has the same color scheme!!

Corilee said...

I need to get some kind of ribbon to put on my tree. I didn't even think about it until I say how pretty your tree looked with it. But seeing as how I'm laid up it will have to wait until next year. The pictures are really cute, especially the one Emma took of the tree.

skeltd said...

LOL I love it. I seriously love the pic with her and matthew duking it out. Ah the days of loving brother and sisterhood.

Stacey said...

Great pictures! Your tree looks gargus!