Monday, December 15, 2008

300,000+ Twinkling Lights

We went up to Salt Lake to see the Christmas lights on Dec. 3rd.  (Yeah I'm way behind on blogging.)  We had a lot of fun.  Jan and Jen came and we were able to park under the Church Office Building since Jen works there, so it was really close and we didn't have to walk far to get there.

First we went and got some dinner at the Lion House Pantry.  Jen was leading us there and telling us how she is so savvy about Salt Lake because she works there now.  We kept joking about that all night because anyone who knows Jen knows that she is not that great with directions at times, especially when she hasn't eaten in the last five minutes!  :)

Emma was so excited to see  the statue of Christ, which she of course loved when we finally did see it.  She liked seeing the manger scene as well, especially the baby Jesus.

Matthew was fine just being bundled up in the stroller most of the time, but towards the end he got bugged, so we got him out and held him.  He did quite well the whole night though.  What a good little boy!

Here are tons of pictures:


Matthew kept doing his cute little tongue thing.


I love the temple at night, especially with Christmas lights all around!


Our little family.  Emma was bugged because she wanted to be with Janice.  Feel the love!


"You are the love of my life.  Baby put your arms around me."
Daniel loves too see the Christmas lights.  Well, he loves being with his family anyway.


Emma with her favorite aunt.


I love Matthew's face in this pic.  It reminds me so much of some of Daniel's childhood pics!


Emma was bugged that we made her take a picture of her touching the temple before we went to see the statue of Christ.  I'd say that is a pretty standard face for her.


We finally made it to the statue of Christ!  Emma loved it and was so sad that she couldn't give him snugs and kisses so one of the missionaries gave her a picture of Jesus.  At least that helped her not to cry about it.


Emma loved the fountain.  She got to drop some money in and of course wanted to keep doing more.


Matthew all bundled up!


Emma all bundled up!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

How fun! I love to see the lights at Temple Square! I'm the glad the kids had fun.

Maybe Jenn will come with us and show off her direction skillz.

Stacey said...

I'm so glad..not the glad. Duh.

My word verification was aggies..weird.

nora.lakehurst said...

LOL I need to take my family up there asap. I love all the pics. LOL my fav is the one of Matthew and Jen. SO CUTE!!!! And you know what now you can make a video with all of her faces on it and make it with that "Whats with that face... and I saw her face." song on it. Well they always say like mother like child, but I dont think you were pulling like faces like that though. LOL what a goober.

Corilee said...

I loved the picture of Jen and Matt in front of the Christus. I didn't know they had it lighted up that way at night but it sure is dramatic. Looks like you all had a great time (except Emma's grimmacing picture... I think she's going to hate those pictures when she gets big)

Flee said...

so pretty and so much fun! what a cute family you have.