Emma ran in my room this morning and very excitedly said, "Guess what!?! There's snow outside!!!" We went and looked out the back door and sure enough there was at least 3 inches and it was still snowing! I told Emma that after we put Bubbers down for a nap we could go out and make a snowman.
Emma was very patient all morning while waiting to make the snowman. She kept herself occupied very well while I put Matthew down for a nap by making a "house." Her house consisted of opening all of the drawers in the kitchen and lining up all of the chairs to enclose herself right next to the stove. It was darling and kept her very quiet the whole time I was putting Matthew down.
One view of Emma's "house."
The second view of Emma's "house."
Finally it was time to make a snowman. We got all bundled up, grabbed the baby monitor and the camera and headed out the door. The day was perfect. It had stopped snowing and the sun was shining for part of the time. The snow was wet and packed wonderfully.
We started out by making a very large ball for the base. Emma helped push it to make it bigger and bigger.
Then we made the ball for the middle. It kept getting bigger and bigger too, almost too big. I couldn't lift it up on top of the base. I had to roll it up the side and onto the top of the base. I almost didn't make it. I persevered however, and was able to get it up there.
We finished by making a smaller ball for the head. Fortunately this one wasn't quite as heavy and I was able to lift it on. The whole time Emma was packing snow on the bottom piece and talking about how snowmen like to eat carrots. It was darling.
After we got the snowman all built, we added the face, buttons and scarf. Emma wanted to put the nose on, so I lifted her up and let her do that. (Thanks to Melis for giving us a snowman kit.) However, we didn't have any arms so I had to cut some limbs off of a nearby bush. Finally he was finished, our fabulous snowman!
Emma wanted to hold the snowman's "hand."
We didn't have anyone to take a picture of all of us, so we all crowded together while I held the camera out and took the picture. :)
It was so FUN!!!


4 comments:
My kids were way excited about the snow too.
That is an awesome snowman! You all got more snow than we did. Fun stuff!
oh, you're so cute!! I love your snow man! We didn't have enough snow to make one. I' loved emma's house! thats great! so creative!!
by the way, I am at work again- thats why I'm commenting so late!
Very cute! The whole time I was thinking "owner of a purple scarf." Wheres the scarf ems??? JK anyways good times. I loved Emma's cute house.
Oh and sorry about saying Matt instead of Mathew.
Good times. Oh and I heard pix were ready!!! YAY
That snowman looks huge! I'm heartily surprised that you got it put together at all.
What a fun "house." Next time you come over (if its before my surgery) I will make Emma a tent to play in. Remind me.
Lub-lubs,
Mither
Post a Comment