Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Behind!

Well, it's time to do a little catch up!  We have not done anything way exciting, just life, so here goes.

I went to a Zumba Instructor workshop all day about a week ago.  Then the following day, I went to the Draper temple dedication for most of the day.  That left Daniel with the kids for 2 days in a row.  I was a little worried about how things would turn out, but Daniel was wonderful.  He even cleaned the house and did laundry on Saturday, and had dinner ready when I got home on Sunday.  It was great!  He was great with the kids and as a result, Matthew likes him even more now.  Daddy is definitely his favorite.  As a matter of fact when I got home on Saturday night, it was like he hadn't even noticed I was gone.  He didn't even want me to hold him.  :(  Oh well, I'm glad he likes daddy so much.

This was taken last week.  Matthew sat and cuddled with daddy for about 10 minutes!  This never happens as he is not a cuddly baby, so I had to get photographic evidence.

Another Matthew moment happen about 2 days ago.  I got him out of bed and put him in his highchair to feed him breakfast.  While I was feeding him, he would snuggle his "da-ty" (teddy) and say "ooooooh!"  Then he would hand him to me and I would do the same thing.  We went back and forth like that for about 5 minutes.  He was so darling.

This was later that day, but at least it is a picture of him and his "da-ty."

On Saturday last week, Emma and Matthew played so well together all day long.  I was able to get a lot done because Emma was keeping Matthew occupied.  I ground a whole 5 pound barrel of wheat into flour.  I also cleaned out the barrels we bought (5 months ago) and put the flour we bought in those.  I mopped the floor, tidied the house, cleaned the kitchen and made bread as well.  It was great to get so many things done and wonderful to see them playing so well together.

Here they are all squished in a little corner sharing crackers with each other.  And they really did share the crackers too.  I was so proud of them.


A couple of nights ago, Emma and daddy had a little dance together.  He was teaching her how to do the jitter-bug.  It was so darling.




Things look quite different through the eyes of a child.  I gave Emma the camera the other day and let her take some pictures.  This is a little collage of the pics she took.  I helped her take the one of Bubbly and Daddy, but the rest were her own artistic genius!


Anyway, life is good!  We are doing great!  Business has picked up some at the rental center and will hopefully continue to get better as the weather gets warmer.  I am excited to start teaching a Zumba class at the end of April which should help things at the dance studio as well.  All in all life is BEAUTIFUL!!!

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

That is so nice when the kids play so nicely together isn't. It makes having kids worth it. ;) But its great that you got so much done too. Now I just need my kids to play nicely so I can get my house in order.

Corilee said...

Such cute pictures! And SOOO nice when life is beautiful. (You must not have been listening to the news lately.) Yea!!! for oblivion and Yea for feeling so good. Yea for having faith instead for fear. I hope a little of all that rubs off on me.

Thanks for a lovely post.

Lubs, Mither

Flee said...

I love Emmas shoes! they are so cute! I'm glad to hear that things are going great there.