Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am finally getting around to doing a post about Easter.  Woohoo!!

We had a wonderful Easter!!  On Saturday we went to my parents house and had a great big Easter egg hunt/BBQ with my fam.  Unfortunately, Daniel had to work that day, so he couldn't be there, but we still had a nice time.  It was a little rainy that day, but not too bad in the morning.  While we were doing the actual egg hunt, there was a tiny bit of sprinkling, but we hardly even noticed it.  It wasn't very cold though, and we all had a really nice time.  All the kids did so great!  I don't think there was any fighting all day.  It was so nice!

Bubbers didn't quite understand what was going on at first.  He didn't really want to pick anything up, because he was looking around and trying to figure out what everyone was doing.  However, after a bit he did finally start picking things up and putting them in his little basket a bit.  He mostly just wanted to eat the candy though.  He was so darling!


Emma loved the Easter egg hunt!  She was so excited for it the whole week previous to the hunt and had such a good time running around and gathering up eggs and candy.  She was pretty fast this year and ended up getting a bunch of candy/eggs.  She was bummed when we had to go in.  She wanted to stay out and get more candy, because she didn't understand that the candy was all gone. 


Later that night, we dyed Easter eggs with Jan & Jenn and Dave & Melis and their kids.  It was a lot of fun.  Matthew didn't really care so much about dying the eggs as he did about banging them on the table until they cracked open.  He did seem to have a fun time though, even though we didn't let him break all the eggs.

For some reason we didn't get very many pictures of Emma dying eggs, so there are only 2 somewhat blurry ones at the bottom.  She did have a good time though. She cracked several eggs as well, but that was more on accident as apposed to Bubbers who just liked to whack them on the table.  :)


Easter morning was a lot of fun!  They were still young enough that I just left all the candy in their baskets from Saturday and added a couple of more Christ centered things as a surprise for Easter morning and so Emma would remember the real meaning of Easter.  Daniel had a meeting that morning, so he was gone when Emma woke up.  I was in the shower and Emma came running in saying "look what the Easter bunny brought!"  She brought both baskets in till I finished my makeup, etc.  Then we put them back in the hall so Bubbers could be surprised too.

Bubbers was pretty excited about his basket for about 5 seconds.  Then he was bugged because I wouldn't let him take everything out of Emma's basket.  After throwing a brief fit however, he did calm down enough for me to get a  picture of them.
The middle pictures are pictures of them in their Easter clothes.  We didn't get any great ones, but at least it shows their outfits.  I love the one on the right.  Bubbers looks like, "I am so board, can we be done with pictures already!"

Anyway, we had a great Easter holiday!  Hope you all did too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures. The "bored" one is my favorite too >giggle< Kids are just so much fun -- when they're not driving you up the wall ;)
Sorry, I was gonna see about visiting this week, but then long story short - I'm on lortab, so I'm not driving :)

Stacey said...

Way cute pics!! I love the "bored" one,how funny!

Corilee said...

Sounds like Easter at your house was a ball. You should have invited us to your egg coloring party.... well I know it wasn't exactally a party but you get my drift.:)

{{{hugs}}}
Mither