Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What we've been up to!

Here is a little of what we've been up to lately.

February 25th was the last really good snowfall as I recall.  Daniel had a little time off that day and took the kids out to build a snow fort.  Bugsy got cold and bored and came inside before I got around to taking pictures, but here are some pics of Emma and Daniel.  Thy are not the best because I took them through the window, but they are fun.


For St. Patrick's Day, we had a play date for Emma and Matthew and did a "Leprechaun Lunch."  It was not a huge success.  I made green rolls that Emma really liked, but she was the only one.  I also made green pudding that nobody liked.  However, after lunch we made homemade oreos with green frosting that they liked.  Also, Mieka brought Matthew a cupcake with green frosting which he loved.  We had a fun time despite the fact that the lunch was a flop!  :)


We have had a couple of semi nice days this past month and have decided to take advantage of them.  Daniel stacked up some bricks in a circle to create a fire pit on part of our dirt.  We have used it a couple of times to roast marshmallows and make s'mores.  This was the last time we did it.  We had made them before and Emma couldn't exactly remember what they were called, so between her and Matthew they were called snorklers, snorkels, smorklers and finally s'mores.  They didn't really seem to care what the s'mores were called, they were just interested in eating them!

No comments: