Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Precious Moments!

We had a very precious moment on Sunday. We were trying to get Matthew to eat breakfast so he wouldn't be quite as fussy during the conference sessions. He was being his charming self and screaming about everything we offered him. He wouldn't eat a bite! Emma suddenly jumped down, went over and grabbed "grey kitty" (the most coveted toy to Matthew because Emma does not have to share it) and her blankie and walked over and gave it to Matthew. She said she wanted him to feel happier so he would eat. It may seem a small thing, but to have Emma do that without any prompting whatsoever was amazing. Matthew always wants her kitty, and I don't think she has ever shared it with him. It was PRECIOUS! We gave her so much praise that she has done it 4 or 5 times since then and is always so sweet when she does it. I don't know if it was listening to all the conference talks the day before or what, but it was fabulous.

Another precious moment took place the night before the above mentioned one. Daniel's grandparents had come to visit that night. Emma was wonderful! She read stories with them, and showed them all of her favorite toys. She got up and sat right in between them both and was just such a doll. This was especially wonderful considering her previous shyness. She used to hide behind me and act very scared whenever most people came to visit, but she has blossomed so much, and it was the icing on the cake to see her be so sweet with grandma and grandpa!

Matthew was not quite as excited about grandma and grandpa at first. However we did have a precious moment with him as well when he ran around the room giving everyone hugs, including grandma and grandpa! Then he sat on grandpa's lap for a couple of minutes. It was so darling! He can be so sweet when he wants to be. :) He really does have such a sweet personality.

We got some great pictures, I will post them when I get them!

I'm so grateful for these precious moments! It really makes it all worth it. (As if it wasn't anyway!)


Here are the pictures!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those moments too. Makes me figure I must have accidentally done something right! :P

Corilee said...

What sweet little kids! And I am so happy that Emma has bossomed so much. I wish I could see you more often, I miss our Fridays visiting Mother. I should stop in on my way home from my Mission but I always feel like I would be imposing. I don't know why I feel that way, weird huh.