Ah bliss!! To be married to the most wonderful man I have ever known! Daniel, or as I call him, "Love" turned 34 last Sunday, (and yes, I am just getting around to finishing the post on Friday Night). I can't think of a more wonderful person to dedicate a post to than my best friend, Daniel.

What a darling little boy he was! Yes, both of our children look just like him. Little Daniel replicas running around the house. They are darling just as he was.

Back in his "rebel" days Daniel used to jaywalk. At least that is the joke he always makes. However, If you look closely at the above picture you will see some mighty long hair flying around behind his head as well as a sleeveless shirt!! Talk about a rebel! :) I can honestly say that I never thought I would marry a skateboarder nor have an enormous skateboard ramp in my backyard. Ah the things we do for love! What a blessing it was to find this skateboarder, even if he was a jaywalking rebel in his younger days.

Daniel loves power tools. What do power tools have to do with cooking you ask? Look closely at the "beater" daniel is using on his mashed potatoes. "Kitchen Aid" you ain't got nothing on "Hitachi"! With 18 volts of power in his hand, those must have been some seriously creamy mashed potatoes! I love that Daniel can cook/bake. However, the fact that his usual choice is baking cookies or cakes has not been very good for my waistline! :)

A cowboy, skater, decaler, rap music listening ballerino, what a hunk! Honestly, this is not among my favorite pictures of Daniel, but it does show 3 things about my darling hubband. 1. He loves to dance and furthermore likes ballet because it is one of the most physically difficult things he has ever tried. 2. He works hard at things. He did not start dancing until college and has worked very hard at improving himself. He also works VERY hard providing for our little family. There are times when I don't know how he has strength to make it physically, but somehow he still manages to get up and keep going. 3. He is silly! He has a wonderful sense of humor and is fabulous at making people laugh, especially me.

Daniel is not one of the more sentimental people I have ever met in my life. That is why when he is sweet with me, it makes me feel very special. Our wedding day was one of the most wonderful days of my life! He was very sweet with me that day, despite the fact that he was not excited about getting our pictures taken a million times over. I love the way he treats me and especially his tenderness towards me. Prince charming has nothing on my rebel skateboarder!

Our sweet children are so blessed to have such a wonderful daddy! I love to see him playing with them and hearing the squeals of delight as he scoops them in his strong arms and tickles them. We have been especially blessed the past few months to have Daniel home a little more and able to spend more time as a family. What a ray of sunshine he brings into our home when he walks in the door and immediately starts playing with our children! We are immensely blessed to have him.
Captain Hook, you've never looked better! Among his wonderful qualities is his kindness. He goes along with me when I want to do things that he might prefer not to do. What a great husband! Besides, he got to have his long hair from his rebel days back for a night, how could he pass that up!
Daniel is a tease! Yes, I know that you already know that, but since it is one of his favorite pastimes I thought I would mention it anyway. The only person Daniel teases more than my dad is Jan. However, since everyone teases Jan, I'd say that Daniel's teasing of my dad is of greater note as I haven't ever seen anyone tease him as much as Daniel does. That is probably because nobody else would get away with it like Daniel does. They seem to have an enjoyable time teasing each other as is evidenced by the picture above!



4 comments:
I agree 100%. What a cute guy! He comes up with the most random details to tease about it amazes me. And what a sweet post. I can honestly say I have never heard a cross word escape either his lips or yours. Now let's see him make a joke about that. I await with baited breath.... (pant pant) :)
Lubs to him and you,
Mither
Yes Dan is a great guy. I hope his rebel days doesnt come back when he has a "mid life crisis."
Daniel-san! We do love you! And . . . ditto to what em said! You're great. That pretty much sums it up!
What a great post, Happy birthday Dan! I really think you are a great guy too. :)
Post a Comment