Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Birthday Post... a little late!

Emma just had her first day of school 3 days ago so I decided I'd better do her birthday post before I do her first day of school post so that it will be in chronological order.



Emma wanted a "whale" party with the big blow up water toy.  I sent out whale invitations and we did it at my parents house again because the slide doesn't fit at our house.  (Thanks Mither and Pappy!)  I stayed up in to the middle of the night making a whale cake for Emma.  This is not an usual occurrence the night before my children's parties.  The uncommon thing was when the sno cone machine landed directly on top of it when I turned too sharply while driving to my parents house.  You can see from the before picture above, it was not a pretty sight.  I did the best I could to fix it while the guests were arriving and it all worked out okay.



We only get the big water toy out once a year on Emma's birthday so we always invite all of Emma's cousins so that everyone will get a chance to play on it.  With most of her cousins and four friends from school, we had a pretty good sized group.  I think everyone had a pretty good time and I know that Emma had a GREAT time!  We love our sweet little girl.  I can't believe she is 6 already!  Time sure does fly!  :)

1 comment:

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW I can't believe you said it looked horrible at all. LOL mine totally look like the before all the time. You are amazing.