Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Family Camp

BYU hosts a family camp at Aspen Grove each Summer.  We decided to try it this year and went June 1-4.  It was pretty fun.  They have 2 times each day when the kids go with their age groups and do fun things and then several options for the adults to choose from.  It was nice to have time for Daniel and I to do some fun things together and then to have time as a whole family.  Daniel and I did several of the activities, but I must say I think my favorite was the ping pong.  I don't actually remember if I've ever played ping pong, but it was so fun.  We were both laughing so hard we could hardly play.  I don't remember the last time we laughed that hard together.  It was so great.  Here are some pics of the other things we did:

These are air rifles.  I was actually the best shot for our week.   I really had fun shooting.  We also did some archery.  I got a nasty bruise from the string hitting my arm on that and realized afterwards that my double jointed elbow made my arm stick out in the way of the string.  Wish I'd known that before hand as it would likely have been less painful.  :)

 This was in the dining hall.  The food was unfortunately not that good, but oh well!

It was freezing up there because of the super cold Spring.  However, Emma wanted to swim so bad that Daniel went in with her one day.  She loved it, despite the fact that her lips were turning blue.  Good thing daddy went with her, because there was not way I was getting into that water.

Bella did pretty well.  She didn't really want to go with the babysitters by then end, but she did pretty well, despite the fact that she had very few naps.
 These next few were from the pioneer night or something like that.  They had a bunch of activities that you could participate in as a family.  It was my favorite family thing that we did.  Emma and Matthew loved the train.

We discovered that it is not a good idea to give the kids big foam things and tell them they could hit each other.  They were both more than happy to hit the other person, but each time they got hit themselves, the world came to an end with a bunch of screaming at the other person and crying.

Poor little Bella was so cold.  We went back to our cabin shortly after this.

These kids sure love their daddy.

This was Bugsy's favorite part of the whole weekend.  We bought him a "grabber" from the gift shop and he went around trying to grab everything he could see.

This was the ropes course that I did not make it up.  The first part had a long log hanging straight down with notches in it.  I couldn't make it past one of the notches that was really far apart.  Bummer dude!  Maybe next time I'll be in better shape.


All-in-all we had a good time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never heard of this before. Where do I find more info?! This looks AWESOME!!!!!

Unknown said...

Okay, I found it. Maybe we can eke out some money by next year? It looks brilliant!

ems said...

It is pretty fun Janelle, the only bummer is the food is not too good. But it is a decent price. They fill up pretty quick though, so if you're serious, I'd get going on it before too long.