Emma told us the other night that she loves her friend in her kindergarten class named Zachary. She then informed us that she is going to marry him.
WHAT!!
I reminded her that she told us she had previously decided to marry daddy. She flippantly declared that she was not going to marry daddy any more. I guess Daniel has been replaced!
Than, last night, I asked her how her friend Zachary was. She told us that he was not her friend any more and that now Roger was her friend. I asked her if her seating arrangement had been changed so that she was no longer sitting by Zachary and was now sitting by Roger instead. She told me that it had not changed so I asked why Roger was suddenly her friend. She responded, "Because he carries my binder for me." Daniel replied with, "Just remember you can't date until you're 16." I suddenly got this image of the old movies showing the high school boys carrying the books of the girl they like in an attempt to win their favor. It was so cute, but I must admit that I keep thinking, "SHE IS NOT OLD ENOUGH FOR THIS!"
It looks like she is not going to follow in the footsteps of her mother in this aspect of her life, so that's good news!
Whole 30?????
10 years ago


3 comments:
LOLOLOL That's absolutely adorable. I was getting worried once when I heard the girls playing one of those jumprope games where they end up with a letter and say who their "boyfriend" is that starts with that letter. I relaxed when they no matter what letter they end on they chose some version of "Daddy" starting with different letters. Phew! Of course my girls play with friends who are boys ALL the time (mostly the next door neighbors) so they have gotten used to the friend-boy idea versus boyfriend.
That is so cute! :D
She is so cute. And its a good thing she can spot a cute and helpful boy at such a young age. You are teaching her well.
Post a Comment