Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Break at Temple Square!

Okay, so I know that Spring Break was actually a month ago, but I am just getting around to posting now.  Oh well, better late then never!

During the week of Spring Break Jan, Melissa and I went with our kids up to Salt Lake to the children's museum and then to lunch with Jen. 

The tulips had just come out and looked beautiful, so I took one with them and the temple.


In one of the talks during general conference a couple of weeks previous to our going on this trip.  Someone talked about letting your children touch the temple, so here are Annika and Emma touching the temple wall and the temple door.   And then a couple of Annika and Mieka at the children's museum looking darling.


All of the grandkids love Aunt Janice and Aunt Jenny.  What a treat to get to spend a day with them.  I love the other picture of Emma and Matthew holding on to the iron rod.  Matthew is going the wrong way.  Hope this is not a forerunner of things to come!  :)


Emma absolutely loved the baby station at the children's museum.  I think she is going to make one GREAT mommy someday!  She is so cute about the way she takes care of her babies.

Matthew was a bit of a handful (as usual).  He kept running all over the place, but he sure seemed to have a good time!


We did have lunch with Jenny afterwards at her work, but it wasn't the best.  Matthew and Mieka were a little overstimulated with all the noise and wouldn't eat very well.  They were fine once we got in the car though, so that was good.  All-in-all it was a really good day!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like a fun outing! I'll have to take my family up there for summer break which begins soon! Your little ones are sooooo cute!

Stacey said...

How fun! The pictures of the kids are so cute!

Unknown said...

cute! I love the temple pictures. Wish I didn't hate driving to SLC so much :P

Flee said...

YAY! That looks like such a fun trip to SLC.

Corilee said...

She is so dang cute!!! Het costume definatately loooks likes a witch! mBut at least she doesn't look like the wicked witch of the west.